INCUBATION / Experience: Outbound
Our recent experiences
related to helping American companies doing businesses in Japan include the following:
- Represented a Seattle-based IT company with advanced data
storage technologies in its expansion to Japan. We assisted the company with
the organization of a Japanese subsidiary, finding office
space, retaining local professional service firms, executing agreements with
local agents. We also advised various international business, tax
and employment issues.
- Represented a local bank in Seattle in its joint venture with a Hong Kong
investment company to provide services to corporate and individual customers
in Japan. We advised structure, formation and operation of the JV that
is in the business of foreign currency trading. We also negotiated the JV
- Represented a publicly traded U.S. Internet/computer security company in
its internal reorganization in Japan and joint venture with
the largest Japanese trading company to provide services in Japan and other
Asian countries. We advised the structure of the reorganization and the JV.
- Represented a publicly traded global publisher of print and electronic
products based in New Jersey in its expansion of Japanese operation.
We analyzed and advised various issues associated with the formation and
operation of the Japanese entity, including transferring of U.S.
employees to Japan and hiring of local employees and contractors.
- Represented a publicly traded domestic-products and publishing company
based in New York in its expansion to Japan. We analyzed and advised various
issues associated with the formation and operation of the Japanese