are our recent experiences related to helping Japanese companies
doing businesses in the United States as well as American companies
doing businesses with Japanese companies in the U.S.:
- Represented a publicly-traded technology-based company
in Japan in its acquisition of a Seattle internet
entertainment company to use American products and
technologies in Japan, and at the same time, to distribute
Japanese contents in the U.S. market. We identified
potential target companies, selected the final target, and
assisted negotiating the acquisition transaction.
- Represented a global travel company headquartered in Los
Angeles, which is owned by one of the largest travel companies
in Japan, in its cash acquisition of a travel
company in California. We searched acquisition targets,
and negotiated the acquisition transaction.
- Represented a Japan-based global service company in its joint
venture with an IT company in California to develop
industry specific software. We advised structuring of the
JV transaction and negotiated various transactional documents.
- Represented a Japanese-owned Seattle-based multinational
food processing and distribution company in its liquidation-reincorporation
transaction. Additionally, we represented the company’s sale
of its Hawaiian operation. We advised and structured
- Represented Japanese investors in their multimillion-dollar
investments in a Seattle-based local bank in connection with
the bank’s private offering. We selected
the investment target, reviewed offering documents,
and negotiated the investments.
- Represented a Japanese investor in its early-stage
investment in a New York-based online
financial information company. We conducted due
diligence investigations and assisted negotiating the investment.
We also negotiated a licensing of the
California company’s technology to
be used in Japan.
- Represented a Los Angeles investment company in its investment
in a Japanese company expanding to the U.S., which
is in the business of operating a chain of upscale retail
shops. We identified the target investee company and negotiated
- Represented a U.S. company trying to divest its foreign
assets including mines in connection with its corporate restructuring.
We assisted negotiating the sale of the mines to
a Japanese natural resource company that is publicly-traded